Alex Jordan’s awesome retreat built atop a chimney of rock opened to the public in 1960. The retreat was only the beginning. Alex used to explain his sprawling creation of collections, displays and galleries by saying that “one thing just sort of led to another.” On our self-guided tour you will explore some of the most unique collections including the world’s largest carousel, a 200′ sea creature, automated music machines and much more.
Dates, Hours, and Rates
|The House on the Rock is open.|
|May 21 – October 11, 2020 (Open Daily)||Open at 9:00 am Last admittance is at 3:00 pm.
Complex closes at 5:00 pm.
|October 12 – November 15, 2020 (Open Thursday – Monday. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays)||9 am to 5 pm|
We recommend that Guests bring and wear face masks when appropriate social distancing may not be possible. There are areas where social distancing is more difficult to maintain due to architectural design and necessary two-way traffic.
We are only selling the Ultimate Experience Admission which is the full complex (Sections 1, 2 and 3) at this time. On-site ticket sales will end at 3:00 pm.
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. By visiting The House on the Rock you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We recommend that you buy your tickets on-line prior to visiting.
To view all guidelines and information visit /covid19-update/
Regular Season Ultimate Experience Admission
The Ultimate Experience Admission (available during the Regular Season Dates) is a self guided visit of Sections 1, 2 and 3. Four (4) tokens are included with each paid full price adult and senior Ultimate Experience Admission.
|Adult (age 18 and over)||$29.95|
|Senior (age 62 and over) and Military||$26.95|
|Children (age 4-17)||$15.95|
|Children (3 and under)||FREE|
- We recommend that you allow at least 3 to 3 1/2 hours for the Ultimate Experience Admission. The last Ultimate Experience Admission is sold at 3:00 pm. The closer you arrive to 3:00 pm, the more quickly you may need to go through the sections. The complex completely closes at 5:00 pm.
The Highlight Experience Admission
The Highlight Experience (available during the Regular Season Dates) is a self-guided visit of Sections 1 and 2.
|Adult, Senior and Military||$24.95|
|Children (age 4-17)||$13.95|
|Children (3 and under)||FREE|
- This ticket which only includes Sections 1 and 2 will not be offered while we are operating under our Covid-19 re-opening plan. We are only offering our Ultimate Experience Admission which is the full complex (Sections 1, 2 and 3).
The Original House Experience Admission
The Original House Experience (available during the Regular Season Dates) is a self-guided visit of Section 1 only.
|Adult, Senior and Military||$14.95|
|Children (age 4-17)||$8.95|
|Children (3 and under)||FREE|
- This ticket which only includes Section 1 will not be offered while we are operating under our Covid-19 re-opening plan. We are only offering our Ultimate Experience Admission which is the full complex (Sections 1, 2 and 3).
All House on the Rock Admission Ticket prices include 5.5% Wisconsin State Sales Tax. All rates, dates, times and displays are subject to change without notice. The later in the day that you arrive and the closer you get to last admittance, the less you will be able to see and there will be fewer admission options.
The House on the Rock presents “The Dark Side,” a decidedly different experience at The House on the Rock. The Dark Side Halloween event runs for 8 nights in October.
The House on the Rock is a private, family owned Attraction. To Ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests, please respect the following rules and policies:
• Outside food, alcohol and non-sealable, non-bottled beverages are not allowed anywhere past The House on the Rock admission areas and may not be consumed anywhere inside of the complex or in the restaurants/food areas. Restaurants/food areas close at 3:30 pm. There are outside picnic tables and benches located near the oversized-vehicle parking lot if you choose to bring your own food and beverage.
• The House on the Rock is a non-smoking facility. Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke is only allowed in marked designated outside smoking areas.
• Only service animals working and performing tasks for an individual with a disability as defined by ADA are allowed. Comfort, therapy or emotional support animals do not meet the definition of service animals and are not permitted. Guests who use service animals must retain control of their animals at all times and should keep them on a leash or harness while visiting.
• No pets are allowed. Please do not leave your pet in your car. Consider pet daycare available in Dodgeville and Spring Green.
• Casual photography is permitted. No tripods are allowed. All commercial uses of photography or video is prohibited without written permission.
• The use of unmanned aerial vehicles or drones is not permitted anywhere on the property.
• We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover – checks and Traveler’s Checks are not accepted.
• Due to architectural design, a small portion of The House on the Rock complex is not accessible by motorized scooters, wheelchairs or strollers. Other areas have uneven surfaces and ramps that may be difficult to maneuver. A lift in Section 2 has a 750 pound weight restriction. Scooters need to be fully charged to get through all 3 Sections. You must bring your own scooter, wheelchair or stroller.
• The House on the Rock is a walking experience that encompasses many ramps, varied surfaces and outdoor areas. Please wear appropriate shoes and clothing for these conditions.
• Guests that are affected by claustrophobia and acrophobia may find a few areas difficult. Team Members are available to assist you with alternate routes.
• We may from time to time, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, change the operation hours, close any exhibit or part of it temporarily or restrict the number of people having access if we consider the circumstances so require.