Regular Season Spring Dates
March 9 - May 14, 2023
Open Thursday - Monday
Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Regular Season Summer Dates
May 15 - September 24, 2023
Regular Season Fall Dates
September 25 - November 12, 2023
Open Thursday - Monday
Closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Christmas Experience Dates
Nov 16 - Dec 31, 2023
Open Thursday through Monday and Dec 26 and Dec 27, 2023
Closed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day & Christmas Day
January 1, 2024 - March 13, 2024
Closed for the season
Discounted Christmas Experience Tickets!
These discounted tickets are only available to be purchased on-line and may be used on an on-site Christmas Experience visit any day The House on the Rock is open during Christmas at The House on the Rock which runs November 16, 2023 through December 31, 2023. Days of week and hours of operation very. Please check hours at top of this page. Last admittance to the Christmas Experience is at 3:30 pm and the complex completely closes at 5:00 pm. The closer you arrive to 3:30 pm the faster you may have to go through the complex. Please allow 2 to 2 1/2 hours for your visit. Tickets purchased on-line will be available for pick-up at Will Call stations or our Self-Service Kiosk. You will need your confirmation number to retrieve your tickets. The House on the Rock is located in a rural area and Wi-Fi is not available and cellular service may be limited.
During the holidays, The House on the Rock is transformed with all the splendor and joy of the Christmas season. St. Nick takes up residence in a big way! As you stroll through the shortened tour of buildings and exhibits in Sections 1 and 2, you’ll be greeted by more than 6,000 collectible Santas of all sizes and types – large, small, fancy and homespun. Christmas songs fill the air and colorful decorations create a holiday wonderland that includes the Alex Jordan Center, Gate House, Original House, Infinity Room, Mill House, Streets of Yesterday, Heritage of the Sea, Tribute to Nostalgia, Music of Yesterday, Spirit of Aviation and the Carousel.
- Section 3 is closed during the Christmas Experience.
- Visit is self-guided. We recommend that you allow 2 to 2 1/2 hours for the Christmas Experience.
- Last admittance to the full Christmas Experience is at 3:30 pm. The complex completely closes at 5:00 pm.
- Please dress according to the weather as parts of the tour include outside areas and walkways and some areas inside are cold. The indoor temperature is set to be comfortable while wearing.
- Please bring $1 bills to exchange them for 2 tokens in our dispensing machines located throughout the complex.
Tickets purchased on-line may be used at anytime during Christmas at The House on the Rock which runs from November 16, 2023 to December 31, 2023. Days of week and hours of operation very. Please check hours at top of this page. Tickets will be available for pick-up at will call desk. You will need your confirmation number to retrieve your tickets. The House on the Rock is located in a rural area and Wi-Fi is not available and cellular service may be limited.Overnight Reservations at The House on the Rock Resort
For information about tickets available on-site please click on the link below
Christmas Experience On-Site Ticket Information
If you are purchasing your tickets upon arrival, The last full Christmas Experience Admission ticket is sold at 3:30 p.m. Prices include 5.5% sales tax.
The House on the Rock is a private, family owned Attraction. To Ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests, please respect the following rules and policies:
• Outside food, alcohol and non-sealable, non-bottled beverages are not allowed anywhere past The House on the Rock admission areas and may not be consumed anywhere inside of the complex or in the restaurants/food areas. Restaurants/food areas close at 3:30 pm. There are outside picnic tables and benches located near the oversized-vehicle parking lot if you choose to bring your own food and beverage.
• The House on the Rock is a non-smoking facility. Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke is only allowed in marked designated outside smoking areas.
• Only service animals working and performing tasks for an individual with a disability as defined by ADA are allowed. Comfort, therapy or emotional support animals do not meet the definition of service animals and are not permitted. Guests who use service animals must retain control of their animals at all times and should keep them on a leash or harness while visiting.
• No pets are allowed. Please do not leave your pet in your car. Consider pet daycare available in Dodgeville and Spring Green.
• Casual photography is permitted. No tripods are allowed. All commercial uses of photography or video is prohibited without written permission.
• The use of unmanned aerial vehicles or drones is not permitted anywhere on the property.
• We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover – checks and Traveler’s Checks are not accepted.
• Due to architectural design, a small portion of The House on the Rock complex is not accessible by motorized scooters, wheelchairs or strollers. Other areas have uneven surfaces and ramps that may be difficult to maneuver. A lift in Section 2 has a 750 pound weight restriction. Wheelchairs and scooters cannot be longer than 54″ to fit in our lifts. Scooters need to be fully charged to get through all 3 Sections. You must bring your own scooter, wheelchair or stroller. Strollers cannot be larger than 31″ wide and 52″ long. Stroller Wagons are not permitted.
• The House on the Rock is a walking experience that encompasses many ramps, varied surfaces and outdoor areas. Please wear appropriate shoes and clothing for these conditions.
• Guests that are affected by claustrophobia and acrophobia may find a few areas difficult. Team Members are available to assist you with alternate routes.
• We may from time to time, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, change the operation hours, close any exhibit or part of it temporarily or restrict the number of people having access if we consider the circumstances so require.
Dates & Hours
Nov 16, 2023 to Dec 25, 2023 (Closed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day)
Dec 26, 2023 to Dec 31 , 2023 Open Daily
9:00 am to 5:00 pm (last admission 3:30 pm)
Click on red “buy tickets” below to purchase tickets in advance.
Advance Purchase Discounted Christmas Experience Tickets
Pre-Season Sale on 2024 Ultimate Experience Admission
Holiday Pre-Season Sale! Buy 2024 Regular Season Ultimate Experience Tickets in advance and SAVE! Looking for a gift for family or friends? Already planning a visit during our 2024 Regular Season? Take advantage of the Holiday Pre-Season Sale! Sale ends January 21st, 2024. This ticket may be used on any day during the 2024 Regular Season which runs from March 14th, 2024 through November 10th, 2024. We suggest you allow at least 3 hours to enjoy your visit. Please check our website at www.thehouseontherock.com for daily hours of operation. Confirmation numbers will be needed to redeem these tickets in our Welcome Center on day of visit. If giving as a gift please make sure the recipient has the confirmation number.Buy 2024 Advance Regular Season Admission
Purchase a Virtual Tour!
Purchase a virtual tour of the highlights of The House on the Rock. This 23 minute tour gives you a glimpse at The House on the Rock and its incredible complex that contains the eclectic collections, exhibits and displays of Alex Jordan.Purchase a Virtual Tour