Christmas at the House on the Rock
During this season, the House on the Rock is transformed with the splendor and joy of the Christmas season. St. Nick takes up residence in a big way! As you stroll through the shortened tour of buildings and exhibits, you’ll be greeted by more than 6,000 collectible Santas of all sizes and types – large, small, fancy and homespun. Christmas songs fill the air and colorful decorations create a holiday wonderland.
Christmas songs fill the air and colorful decorations create a holiday wonderland that includes Section 1 (the Alex Jordan Center, Gate House and the Original House and Infinity Room) and Section 2 (Mill House, Streets of Yesterday, Heritage of the Sea, Tribute to Nostalgia, Music of Yesterday, Spirit of Aviation and the Carousel).
- Section 3 is closed during the Christmas Experience.
- Visit is self-guided. We recommend that you allow 2 to 2 1/2 hours for the Christmas Experience.
- Last admittance to the full Christmas Experience is at 3:30 pm. All ticket sales end and last admittance is at 4:00 pm. If you arrive between 3:30 and 4:00 pm, you will not be able to see the full Christmas Experience. Complex completely closes at 5:00 pm.
- Food Area closes at 3:30 pm.
- Four (4) tokens are included with each paid full price adult, senior and military Christmas Experience admission.
- Please dress according to the weather as parts of the tour include outside areas and walkways and some areas inside are cold. The indoor temperature is set to be comfortable while wearing a coat.
November 14 – December 30 ………….. 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Open Thursday through Monday (Closed Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)
Last admittance to the full Christmas Experience is at 3:30 pm. All ticket sales end and last admittance is at 4:00 pm. If you arrive between 3:30 and 4:00 pm, you will not be able to see the full Christmas Experience. The complex completely closes at 5:00 pm.
Adults age 18 and over: $24.95
Senior age 65 and older: $22.95
Children age 4 – 17: $13.95
Children 3 and under: FREE
Overnight packages are available at The House on the Rock ResortOvernight Packages
All House on the Rock Admission Ticket prices include 5.5% Wisconsin State Sales Tax. All rates, dates, times and displays are subject to change without notice.
The House on the Rock is a private, family owned Attraction. To Ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests, please respect the following rules and policies:
• Outside food and beverages are not allowed anywhere past The House on the Rock admission areas and may not be consumed anywhere inside of the complex or in the restaurants/food areas. Restaurants/food areas close at 3:30 pm. There are outside picnic tables and benches located near the camper parking lot if you choose to bring your own food and beverage.
• The House on the Rock is a non-smoking facility. Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke is only allowed in marked designated outside smoking areas.
• Only service animals assisting an individual with a disability as defined by ADA are allowed. Comfort, therapy or emotional support animals do not meet the definition of service animals and are not permitted. Guests who use service animals must retain control of their animals at all times and should keep them on a leash or harness while visiting.
• No pets are allowed. Please do not leave your pet in your car. Consider pet daycare available in Dodgeville and Spring Green.
• Casual photography is permitted. No tripods are allowed. All commercial uses of photography or video is prohibited without written permission.
• The use of unmanned aerial vehicles or drones is not permitted anywhere on the property.
• We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover – checks and Traveler’s Checks are not accepted.
• Due to architectural design, a small portion of The House on the Rock complex is not accessible by motorized scooters, wheelchairs or strollers. Other areas have uneven surfaces and ramps that may be difficult to maneuver. A lift in Section 2 has a 750 pound weight restriction. Scooters need to be fully charged to get through all 3 Sections. You must bring your own scooter, wheelchair or stroller.
• The House on the Rock is a walking experience that encompasses many ramps, varied surfaces and outdoor areas. Please wear appropriate shoes and clothing for these conditions.
• Guests that are affected by claustrophobia and acrophobia may find a few areas difficult. Team Members are available to assist you with alternate routes.
• We may from time to time, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, change the operation hours, close any exhibit or part of it temporarily or restrict the number of people having access if we consider the circumstances so require.