We look forward to your next visit to The House on the Rock. As you prepare for your visit, we would like to make you aware of the guidelines and safety practices that are currently in place regarding COVID-19.
The House on the Rock highly recommends that guests follow CDC guidance and those guests that are not fully vaccinated wear face coverings when visiting The House on the Rock.
There are areas where social distancing is more difficult to maintain due to architectural design and necessary two-way traffic.
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. By visiting The House on the Rock you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
There are general wellness considerations:
- We encourage you to bring your personal-size sanitizer, tissues, masks and gloves.
- Restrooms are marked on our map and located throughout the tour route.
- Sanitization stations have been added when restrooms are not nearby.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures have been amplified, we use appropriate disinfectant products and have added additional touch-point disinfection practices for your safety.
- There are areas where traffic patterns make it challenging to maintain social separation and maintain safe social distancing.
There are changes in our admissions policies and practices:
- Directional signs and post-and-chain are used to form queue-lines as needed for the admissions process.
- Due to the high-touch nature, we do not have available lockers for Guest-use upon arrival.
To Our Guests:
- Please rest and do not visit if you have had a fever in the last 72 hours, if you have been experiencing respiratory symptoms such as cough, difficulty breathing or if you are experiencing other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines, maintaining six feet between you and the party-ahead.
- Only pass others in the tour-path when it is wide enough to maintain social distancing.
- Please bring a closed container of drinking water or be prepared to purchase water on site as our refill stations and drinking fountains are turned off to maintain sanitation.
- Lines may be formed at various sites; your patience and respect of social distancing is especially important to refrain from crowding at these locations.
There are general changes throughout the self-guided walking experience:
- New protective barriers have been installed at point of sale and other locations.
- Some areas have been redesigned as one-way, indicated with markers.
We look forward to welcoming you all again soon. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy.