We look forward to your next visit to The House on the Rock. As you prepare for your visit, we would like to make you aware of the guidelines and safety practices that we have implemented due to COVID-19.
Guests can help us by following physical distancing and mask requirements, complying with directional signage and following our Team Member directions.
Any interaction with the general public poses an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19. People who show no symptoms can spread COVID-19 if they are infected. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. The CDC advises that older adults and people of any age who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19. By visiting The House on the Rock you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
In compliance with State of Wisconsin Emergency Order #1, Face coverings are required to be worn while inside at The House on the Rock by anyone over the age of 5 years old who does not have a medical condition, disability or other sensory sensitivities that prevents it.
There are general wellness considerations:
- We encourage you to bring your personal-size sanitizer, tissues, masks and gloves.
- Restrooms are marked on our map and located throughout the tour route.
- Sanitization stations have been added when restrooms are not nearby.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures have been amplified, we use appropriate disinfectant products and have added additional touch-point disinfection practices for your safety.
- There are areas where traffic patterns make it challenging to maintain social separation and maintain safe social distancing.
There are changes in our admissions policies and practices:
- Directional signs and post-and-chain are used to form queue-lines as needed for the admissions process.
- Ultimate Tour admission will be sold; however, Highlight and Original House admission options will not be available at this time.
- Last admission is sold and last admission to the complex is at 3 pm.
- Tokens are not included with our web ticket 60th anniversary admission. Tokens may be purchased from change machines in the Tour experience. We recommend that you bring $1 bills if you will be purchasing tokens. Not all token operating machines will be available when we re-open.
- Due to the high-touch nature, we do not have available lockers for Guest-use upon arrival.
To Our Guests:
- Please rest and do not visit if you have had a fever in the last 72 hours, if you have been experiencing respiratory symptoms such as cough, difficulty breathing or if you are experiencing other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines, maintaining six feet between you and the party-ahead.
- Only pass others in the tour-path when it is wide enough to maintain social distancing.
- Please bring a closed container of drinking water or be prepared to purchase water on site as our refill stations and drinking fountains are turned off to maintain sanitation.
- Lines may be formed at various sites; your patience and respect of social distancing is especially important to refrain from crowding at these locations.
There are general changes throughout the self-guided walking experience:
- New protective barriers have been installed at point of sale and other locations.
- Some areas have been redesigned as one-way, indicated with markers.
- Please do not backtrack, keep moving in the direction indicated.
We look forward to welcoming you all again soon. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy.